Family Platter-Treasure Chest Thursday

Author: Brenda Leyndyke / Labels: ,

The platter above is one of my favorite family treasures.  It belonged to Kirk's Grandma LeynDyke.  I don't know a lot about it, but I love the colors and the trim design.  The blue and white reminds me of Delft china, which is Dutch.  This isn't Delft, it is Royal Sometuke Nippon.



The back markings are Royal Sometuke Nippon.  This backstamp identifies it as one that was made for the Japanese Domestic Market starting in 1906.  Nellie LeynDyke was born in 1896, married in 1917, and died in 1984.

I don't know when Kirk's grandmother bought/received this but I know it has graced many Thanksgiving tables in our house for years.  I guess I better put this on my to do list to learn more about.

2 comments:

Jana Iverson Last said...

Beautiful platter!

Brenda Leyndyke said...

Jana, forgive me for responding to this so late. Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment. Have a great week.

Post a Comment