Death Certificate for Pieter Luyendyk

Author: Brenda Leyndyke / Labels: ,

Source:  Michigan, State of. "Death Records 1897-1920." Database. State of Michigan. Seeking Michigan. http://seekingmichigan.org  2009.

The above record is the death certificate for Peter Luyendyk, Kirk's great great grandfather.  I found it at seekingmichigan.org.  The image is a little hard to read, but I was able to glean a lot of information from this record.  

Peter Luyendyk died 13 October 1903 in Gaines Township, Kent, Michigan.  He was a farmer and a widow.  It lists his parents as Jacob Luyendyk and Anna Vanderhal?.

Peter Luyendyk is buried in Blaine Cemetery, Gaines Township, Kent, Michigan.  Unfortunately, there is no gravestone marking his burial place.

Other research I have done shows that  Pieter Luijendijk was born 28 August 1823 in Zuid-Beijerland to Jacob Luijendijk and Anna van der Burg.  The birth date on the death certificate is wrong.  Pieter Luijendijk married Jaapje Maasdam in Zuid-Beijerland, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands on 7 May 1847.  Pieter and Jaapje immigrated to the United States in 1849, settling in Owasco, Cayuga, New York.  Pieter and Jaapje moved to Michigan between 1860-1870.  Jaapje preceded Pieter in death on 11 February 1900.

2 comments:

Joan Bos said...

Pieter Luijendijk was born on 28 August 1823. His birth was registered on the 29th. See: https://www.wiewaswie.nl/personen-zoeken/zoeken/document/a2apersonid/91362251/srcid/23526848/oid/1

Brenda Leyndyke said...

Joan, thank you for the information. I will check the wie was wie website out, it looks like a wonderful one. I hate having misinformation on my blog, so I will correct it. I appreciate you providing me the information.

Post a Comment